- Kauai floods: What travelers need to knowThree days after heavy rain and flooding, many residents of Wainiha and Haena are still cut off from many essentials including electricity and water. 2018 April 17 CTY- HSA photo by Jamm Aquinoemail@example.com Gregg Fraser, owner of Opakapaka Bar and Grille, points to a spot where floodwater ravaged the pavement and lifeguard station at Ke'e […]
- Red Cross continues assessments on Oahu and Kauai; more than 180 homes affectedVolunteers from the American Red Cross of Hawaii continue to respond to last weekend's flood disaster on Kauai and Oahu. Floodwaters stood in front of a home on Tuesday in Haena, Kauai.
- DLNR says some Kauai land less damaged than expected after stormThe state Department of Land and Natural Resources conducted a helicopter survey of its lands, and found most of the vast acreage of lands it manages to have relatively less damage than originally thought due to last weekend's historical flooding. Workers use heavy construction equipment to clear mud and debris from Kuhio Highway leading to Wainiha afte […]
- County, Red Cross volunteers going door-to-door on Kauai to assess damageTeams of Kauai County employees and American Red Cross volunteers this morning began going door-to-door in Koloa in search of properties affected by the recent storm. Nevaeh Okuno, 13, walked in her home's dining room, Monday, in Koloa, Kauai.
- Kauai recovery and rescue efforts continue after devastating floodsThe Kauai Emergency Management Agency said relief efforts continue today to help residents and visitors stranded in the isolated communities of Haena and Wainiha following a severe weekend storm that caused widespread flooding. The Kauai Emergency Management Agency said relief efforts continue today to help residents and visitors stranded in the isolated com […]
- Officials try to rescue more people days after Hawaii delugeIn this Monday, April 16, 2018, photo provided by the Office of the Governor, Hawaii, Hawaii Gov. David Ige, left, flies over the flood-damaged areas of the island of Kauai. Heavy rains on Kauai let up on Monday, which helped emergency workers better rescue people stranded by flooding on the island.
- Kauai floods: What travelers need to know